Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thursday 2nd October - House 2 Photos 0

Hello once again and welcome to October,

As you can see from this weeks title the house won from photography once again.

The weather was glorious again and many hours were spent hacking and sawing away at overgrown hedges and holding on to a pneumatic drill as it hammered it's way through age old concrete to leave me a pile of rubble to clear up. An old wooden picnic chair was also sacrificed to the house improvement Gods in the form of a burning ritual (some photos below) in hope that what we have been doing during the last few weeks will not have been in vain.

All this home-work has left me rather bereft of new photographs to put on to the photography website and I'm also running short of Somerset villages for the 3d site. I can only hope that one weekend in October will be dry and clear enough for me to go off around the county and be able to add some more villages to the 3d stock. More prayers are needed I feel.

October 2008 makes it 3 years since the Somerset3d website was launched. As I mentioned on the main site statistics prove that anaglyphs are popular, and 3d is becoming more popular as the years go by. If 3d is good enough for U2 and Hannah Montana, then it's good enough for me.

This weeks update is of
Carlingcott and the first of 6 weeks on the French city of Amiens. The first set of pictures are around the Saint Leu area of the city but following weeks are mainly of the magnificent Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens, or the Cathedral of Our Lady of Amiens. The architecture is magnificent and I could have spent the whole day photographing the enormous amount of statues and sculptures that are on show in this fantastic cathedral. However, my wife (quite rightly) had other ideas and so a walk around the old part of the city was taken, after we'd enjoyed a meal at one of the local restaurants along the canal. A splendid day out indeed. We shall return I feel.

Due to the constraints of time there are no new pictures added to the photography site this month. Hopefully next month will see a major update and you'll all be clamouring to purchase copies of all my photographs. Well a man can dream can't he?

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Have a good one, more next week.





CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTUREDON'T PLAY WITH FIRE

No comments: