Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thursday 11th September - Holwell & Bruges

Hello to all,

Once again the skies are full of grey and damp and people here are getting rather fed up with it. Not only do we not get a summer but now we appear to be going straight from a dull spring right in to winter. The nights are getting darker much earlier now. It's a good job I'm an optimist.

Anyway, first of all I have some more news on the Bruges in 3d book I talked about last week. The photographer, Frank Matthys, has been in touch and has agreed to do a short feature for me to help promote the book. I've already sent my questions off and I'm hoping to have all the answers and some sample pictures back in time for next weeks blog. In the meantime you can purchase the book for €24 plus p&p but, at the moment, the ordering page on his website is only in Dutch. Has has informed me that the page will eventually be translated to English, French and German so, unless you speak Dutch, you may want to wait. His website can be found
here and the order page is here. Please mention Somerset3d when you place your order.

Another website I'd like to draw your attention to is a blog by a fellow Sheptonian Stu Capon. I came about his blog via his entry in Flickr. I think his photos are excellent and really show off my home town with some fantastic images. I like his humour too so I'd like to help raise his profile a little. His blog can be found by clicking
here and his Flickr entry here.

This weeks update is of the hamlet of Holwell. Many people drive through the place without realising they've gone through anything at all. This is because all that can be seen from the road are the entrances to one of the many quarries and the upper half of the Bear Inn. If you want to see where I've photographed then you are going to have to get out of the car and do a little walking. The second page of the new Bruges photographs is also featured.

Well that's all from me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some fine weather this weekend in anticipation of visiting a boot fair.

Have a good one.

No comments: