Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thursday 4th September - Bruges in 3d

Hello and welcome to September,

Well I'm back from my holidays and have spent most of the week catching up with the paperwork. I'm just about getting there.

I stated last week that I would let you in on a real find my wife made whilst looking around Bruges. When she handed the item to me, gift wrapped, she said that I'd be both, disappointed and pleased. This puzzled me but once I opened the package I knew what she meant. She had found and bought for me a book of 3d photos of Bruges. I was very pleased, stunned even. I've been looking to do my own book of Bruges for some time, hence why she said I'd be disappointed, but the fact that someone had beaten me to it was not a problem, as the pictures are fantastic, and there are several that I would not have been able to achieve, pictures from the air. Since my return I have contacted the photographer, Frank Matthys, to ask some questions and for a link I could paste so visitors to this site could buy the book online, as well as permission to show some of the images on this website as a taster. Alas I have yet to have a reply. So I can only provide you with this link to his website. It's not clear to me if the book can be purchased via the website but I can offer you the ISBN number if you are interested in obtaining a copy via your local bookstore. It is 978-90-8113871-0. If you can get hold of a copy I'm sure you will be as delighted as I am with mine. If any of you find it for sale online then please let me know and I'll put a link on this website for all.

So, this weeks update on the 3d site is of Dunkerton in Somerset and of some of the new 3d's I took whilst in Bruges. The Bruges page has been revamped to enable faster loading and better navigation. The new pictures start at page 5 and more pages will be added over the coming weeks.


There are also some new pictures added to my other photography website.


More next week, happy book hunting. (Pictures below of Bruges).
 
CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURE

No comments: