Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday 17th January 2008

Hello and good day from a wet and windy Somerset (again),

This week’s update includes the Cotswold Motor Museum as promised. As I said in last weeks post, definitely worth a visit. The area is taking rather a battering with the aforementioned weather of late. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn’t get any worse for them.

I start my BFP (Bureau of Freelance Photographers) course in earnest now, having submitted my first assignment before Christmas. I was pleased with the tutor’s response and now need to complete assignment 2, Understanding Magazines.

I know freelance photography is rather a saturated market but, as I’m going to take photos anyway, I might as well see if I can find a market for them too.

I’ll keep you informed of my progress.

I now have a small but growing portfolio on the Online Photographers website which you can go to by clicking
here.

I would be interested in your views.

Before Christmas my Great uncle Roy passed away aged 95. Roy had a good sense of humour - when congratulated on his youthful appearance at 92; he replied "I never had anything to do with fast women or slow horses"


Good advice for all of us I think.

See you all next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alan, I've been wondering whether I should do the BFP course. Since you've already started it, is it worthwhile?