Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thursday 10th April 2008

Bonjour de la France,

Yes I know it's Wednesday but we're off to St Omer tomorrow and it's going to be easier to update now rather than spend time searching for an internet café tomorrow. I'd much rather have an early update than a late one.

Before I go any further please forgive any errors as a French keyboard layout is different to an English one and I only have 40 minutes left to type this. My two typing fingers are currently a blur but the key I'm using most is the delete key!

Anyway, it's great to be away from work for enjoyable reasons rather than a virus.

This week's update is of
Burrington. Another typical looking Somerset village. We couldn't enter the church whilst we were there as they were having their Easter service, so I'll have to visit there again to capture the interior.

I've already been out and taken some 3d's of Blériot to add to the existing collection. As I said at the top we're visiting St Omer tomorrow, maybe Gent on Friday and possibly Bruges on Saturday. We've had all the types of weather since we've arrived. Bright sunshine, heavy rain, sleet & snow and high winds. Today has been a glorious day with wall to wall sunshine.

The 3d book is taking shape. I have completed the first draft and now need to visit a few printers to get an idea of the printing costs. After that the task will be to contact local companies to search for possible sponsors. So plenty to be getting on with.

That's all for now.

A la semaine prochaine!

No comments: