Thursday, June 12, 2008

12th June - Hay Fever

Good day to you all,

Let me start by apologising for the down time of the Somerset3d website yesterday. As I mentioned on last weeks update I would be doing some housework on the site. My web space quota was getting pretty full and, upon investigation, I realised it was because of duplicated files on the host server. I tried deleting the duplicates but it proved ineffective. So I decided to delete the whole site and upload it all again from scratch. Thankfully the plan worked and my web space quota is almost twice as much as it was previously, so a couple more years yet before I will need to upgrade to the next package. I have checked the site over as best I can and it all seems to be working, but if any of you discover any broken links please leave a comment or send me an email via the main site, thank you.

I've had the last couple of days off with hay fever. I thought I had gotten away with it this year, as I usually get it sometime in May. Unfortunately I was wrong and it hit me with vengeance. I also had a reaction to the tablets I took. Apart from doing nothing to help the hay fever they also made me feel extremely drowsy, despite them being the non drowsy type. Never mind, others put up with far much worse.

This weeks update is of
Stoke sub Hamdon and St Omer. Stoke is a smashing place to visit. The walk to the recreation area is well worth the 15 minutes and the views are fantastic. St Omer was visited the last time we were in France, April of this year, and the magnificent cathedral is a must visit if you are in the area.

Last weekend the secretary and I visited London. Whilst my better half was spending the day catching up with her friends I wandered around the metropolis taking photos. I tried uploading some for you to view this morning, but for some reason they didn't want to upload. I'll try again later.

Right, time to get ready for work. More next week.

No comments: