Thursday, June 5, 2008

5th June - Favourite Village.

Good morning to you all and welcome to June,

The Isle of Wight holiday turned out OK in the end. We had good periods of sunshine and I managed to visit Bembridge and Cowes for the website. So look out for them being featured soon.

It's getting warmer here. It's quite noticeable as, despite the heavy rainfall we have from time to time, the puddles are drying up. My walk/cycle route to work involves back lanes and bridle paths, which are not in the best condition in places so water has plenty of places to collect. Now though there are causeways splitting up the large puddles, enabling me a dry route at last.

Last night I met the local newspaper photographer for a bit of a photo shoot. Earlier in the day I'd shown him around the rail sidings and quarry where I work as he was asked to help promote an event we are planning to celebrate the
150th anniversary of the local branch line. I've known the guy since my school days and we got talking about photography and my 3d website came into the conversation. After a bit of explaining he became more interested and offered to do a feature on it for the newspapers he works for. So we agreed to meet at my local church (in Doulting) to get some pictures done and to provide him with some information. One of the questions he asked me was what was my favourite village? I found this hard to answer. I can relate it to a musician being asked what his favourite track off the latest album is. The answer I came up with was it was always the last one I visited. Which in this case is this weeks update, Hinton Charterhouse. The photos featured are of the area called 'The Green' and is not in the middle of the village, so be prepared for a 10 minute walk if you visit the place. It's well worth it.

I'll let you know when the article is going to be featured.

That's all from me. I'm off to London this weekend to add to my 3d's of the capital.

Have a good one.

No comments: