Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday 19th June - East Somerset Railway

Good morning,

It's been a busy week here at Mendip Rail (MRL). We are co-organising a Quarry/Railway event for the
East Somerset Railway at Cranmore to help them celebrate the 150th anniversary of their branch line being open. The celebrations start in earnest this Saturday and continue on Sunday. So, plenty of cleaning wagons, cutting hedges, checking track, printing passes and lots of other minor but important tasks to be completed so that everything is ready in time. Some of the MRL staff are enjoying it, some are getting stressed. Me?, well I've been designated the official photographer for MRL for the event, so I get to go out and snap away as soon as another steam loco or traction engine arrives. I'm enjoying myself. I've been in touch with a few railway magazines with a view to getting some of the pictures published. I'll let you know how I get on.

This week's update on the Somerset3d site is of
Coxley. A small village just outside of Wells on the Glastonbury road. I have also activated the second page for St Omer in France.

On this week's
Speakin Zummerzet I mentioned an old school chum of mine, Archie. Well here's the evidence as promised. Click here, and here, here and here.

That's it for now, another steam loco has just arrived, I'm off to get some photos. Have a good weekend.

No comments: