Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thursday 14th August - Combe Hay

Good morning,

Last weekend was a bit of a mixed bag weather-wise, but I managed to get out and about on Sunday to capture some more Somerset villages for the 3d site.

The initial plan was to visit Peasdown St John and then to explore the area around the town. Peasdown is a place mostly filled with housing estates, so it was a bit of a challenge to find subjects that I felt would be interesting to the viewer. So challenging in fact that I'm going to have to go back for another search to ensure I have enough pictures to post.

After Peasdown I then ventured off to a nearby village called Carlingcott, then on to Withyditch, followed by Dunkerton, Combe Hay, Southstoke and, finally, Priston.

All the locations had their individual appeal and, in each case, I had never been to any of them before.

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTUREAt Combe Hay you will find a Cotswolds stone marker at the entrance to the village. Many will be surprised to find such a marker in Somerset as, to most people, the Cotswolds are in Gloucestershire. Well, that's partly true. The Cotswolds lie mainly within Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire but also extend into four more counties, in the form of Warwickshire, Wiltshire, Worcestershire and good old Somerset(shire). Not many people know that.



CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTUREThe photo-shoot at Combe Hay was in two parts as I was rudely interrupted mid-way through by a violent storm. I had to take refuge in a nearby pub and console myself with a cheese sandwich and a glass of fizzy carbonated pop (No product placement here!).

The second half of the shoot ended with me witnessing the many attempts 3 stables girls took to convince their nervous horse that it was ok to get into the trailer (Photos below).



The 3d's will be coming your way soon. This week's update is of Chard.


More from me next week, have a good one.

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURE

No comments: