Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thursday 7th August - Journey to work

Hello and welcome to August.

As predicted last week there were no trips out due to the weather, so I've included in this weeks blog some photographs I took a month or so ago.

As many of you will know I walk or cycle to work most days, and during my journey I see plenty of the countryside around me. A while ago I thought it would be a good idea, and interesting, to record my journey to work photographically.

I actually found the project a lot more interesting than I first thought I would. I always thought that, living in the countryside already, I was well aware of my surroundings and already appreciated how lucky I was. However, by making an effort to record an event with photographs, I found I really took a lot more notice of what was around me and, as a consequence, appreciated so much more, not just how lucky I was, but how brilliant it was that I had all this right on my doorstep.

Indeed, the experience has prompted me to take the project further. My next plan is to video my journey so I can create a sort of travelogue that covers the 4 and a bit miles of Somerset that I see most days of the week. When I'll actually do this has not been determined as yet. There are some plans to be made, kit to be invented/purchased and time to be found before I can put the idea into practise.

In the meantime I hope you enjoy some of the pictures of my journey below. If you click on them they will open up to 1024 x 768 wallpaper size.

So, what is your trip to work like? How about recording your journey. Are you really aware of what's around you? Is this the beginnings of another website?!

This week's update on the
3d site is of Nempnett Thrubwell and Ventnor on the Isle of Wight. I have also uploaded some new photographs onto my other photography website so please take time to visit and drop me a line to tell me what you think.

That's all for now, more next week (Don't forget the pictures below).



CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURE

No comments: