Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday 31st July - Weston-super-Mare

Hellooooo,

The Grand Pier at
Weston-super-Mare was burned to the ground (well, burned to the footboards) this week. A tragic event for the town and for all the many tourists who visit the seaside resort for their holidays. The tide is often out in Weston, and when it's in you still have to walk a distance to go deep enough for a swim, so the Pier was used by many for their entertainment throughout their stay. Sadly it is no more, it is gone, it is a late Pier. Because of the events I thought (well, it was my secretary's idea actually. I must give her a raise) it would be apt to update the Weston-super-Mare page on the 3d website to include all the pictures I could find of the structure. So this week's update includes the said page. The photos were taken on a bright sunny day in April 2006.

Last Sunday my secretary and I visited Ilfracombe in Devon. A super place to visit and get sunburnt (which the secretary duly did. Not me though, I did mine the day before when cleaning the car) and a lovely place to while away the time. Afterwards we popped to Woolacombe before heading home. I've included some of the photos I took in this weeks blog (see below for a panorama of Ilfracombe and the end of this blog for more).

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURE

Apart from Weston-super-Mare this week's update also includes Staple Fitzpaine and Cowes in the Isle of Wight.

I intend to change some of the photos on my normal
photography website over the weekend, so pop by for a look sometime soon.

The normal summer weather has returned, so probably no 3ding this weekend. Whatever.

Hope yours is a good one. More next week.

CLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTURECLICK FOR A BIGGER PICTUREI THINK YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO BY NOW

No comments: