Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday 3rd July - New Site

Good morning and welcome to July,

I've had a good week this week building a new website for my photographs, the 2d kind. I'm using Clikpic as a host as I just don't have the time or skills to be able to build the site myself. With a bit of luck and a following wind the site should be live by this time next week. I'll let you know.

The news on the pictures sold to magazines after the Cranmore Quarry Gala weekend is....well, no news actually. I haven't sold a picture, not a single one, not a sausage. But don't worry dear readers, all is not lost. There are many good reasons as to why my pictures didn't sell. One is that the event was visited by around 5000 people, and at least 4000 of them had a camera, so there is lots of competition. Another is that I had to wait until the Wednesday after the event to obtain permission from Mendip Rail (Who I took the pictures for) to be able to submit any of them. The 4000 that had cameras would have sent theirs Sunday night. Out of the 4000 there are probably at least 1000 regular contributors to magazines, this was my first submission. Understandably an editor, when inundated with pictures from the same event, would more than likely look for his regulars to save time. So I'm not too concerned about not getting any pictures selected. I have learnt from it though.

This week's update is of Laverton, and the town of Sandown starts the Isle of Wight special.

Right, time to get on with some work.

Hey, look, a blue sky. Summer is here. Hurrah. No, wait. It's a break in the clouds. Carry on.

(with apologies to Blogger).

No comments: