Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday 21st February 2008

Good day to you all.

A day off for me today. It's half-term here for certain schools and I’m taking my step-daughter and her friend to Bristol Zoo for the day. I’m not sure if there will be any 3d’s as a result, I’ll let you know how I get on next week.

This weeks’
update is for East Woodlands. This tiny hamlet is famous locally for the excellent food available at the Horse & Groom public house. I’m unable to add my own endorsement as I’ve never been able to book a table, but many locals have told me that it is definitely worth the effort.

I’ve also placed online the first of three pages for
Tetbury in the Cotswolds. Regular readers will know of my wife’s love of the area. These pictures were taken on the way to visit Bourton-on-the-Water.

This weekend should see me out and about getting some more stock for the Somerset 3d library. I’m not sure where to go at the moment but will make some plans on Friday.

The weather here has been really fresh with a good frost in the morning a beautiful blue skies, lovely cycling weather. Unfortunately 6 punctures in two days took the fun out of biking to work a little bit. I had to walk to work yesterday as I ran out of patches at work. Are hard/solid tyres still available? I’m thinking hard tyres on a full suspension bike should work out, shouldn’t it?

I hit my hand on a door frame yesterday and I think I may have broken a knuckle. I’ve broken one before and recognise the pain. Actually this knuckle is right next to the one I’d broken before. It was a while ago I did the first one and, if my memory serves me right, I don’t think there’s anything that can be done about it. No washing up for me for a while. Bah!

That’s it for this week.

May the wind up your back always be your own.

More next week.

No comments: